1.20.2011

A sweet prayer


I'm pretty sure I've been blessed with the sweetest, cutest, little girl ever. Hallie has been saying her own prayers at night, and most of the time if we start a prayer, she likes to finish them. Tonight this was her prayer:

"dee dee de father, tankful for mommy, and ...mommy, and bouks, ... tankful for candies, and grandma, and AAamen."

  How can this not just melt your heart? Every night she says she's thankful for mommy, [ :) ]  sometimes daddy, but always books! The variables [whe she remembers] are: grandma & pop pop, Josie,  temples, Jesus, and various other things she loves. We took her to a book store today, and it was such a treat for her. She went down all the childern's isles, pulled off all the good looking books, like the two year old she almost is, and sat down and "read" all of them. I can sit and watch her all day.
 
  Earlier this evening I took Hals for a walk around dinner time. I could tell she was getting hungry, so we were on our way home when she said, "de de to eat mommy?" (aka: something to eat mommy?) I said, " What do you want to eat sweetheart?" She said, "More ice cream!"  Clear as day. Thanks a lot Jer, for introducing her to ice cream sundays this week!

No comments: