12.08.2011

{Spain and Portugal part dos}


See the sundial? Helicopters land there!

Hallie was so adorable.. she found a pike of rocks, sat down, and started to sing to herself! So cute. I was able to get a small clip of her singing.



 Hallie almost being swallowed by the ocean.. I don't know how jeremii got this picture..
 Mommy to the rescue! Just in time before the wave hit..

 Seafood, Mediterranean style:
 See my plate full of empty muscle shells? Hallie could not get enough of them!!

  Here are some collages of our pictures because there were so many! The first collage was of Hals at the beach in A Coruna. We had a wonderful lunch (as pictured in the last post) and walked all over the city. We walked to the oldest standing lighthouse in the world (that is still functioning today) that dates back to the twelfth century. In the second collage, there is a pic of Jer sitting at the top looking over the city. The third collage is of Portugal; we rented a car and drove to Valenca, Portugal, which is just past the border of Spain. You can see in one of the pictures a river, which divides the two countries. The streets were lined with vendors, which were definitely geared towards the tourists. The pictures are of the fort that was built in an early century.. to keep the North out? I think it faces North.. not sure but it was so amazing to see. Hallie rode one of the cannons too :)
On our way home, we stopped along the coast in a beach city called Vigo. We found the perfect spot on the beach near an ice cream shop where we treated Hallie to an ice cream cone. While Parisi was taking pictures of Jeremii and I on the beach, apparently hallie dropped her ice cream cone in the sand! Not wanting to throw it away, she decided to eat it, sand and all! Of course a few seconds later, we see Hallie gagging, and sure enough, ice cream everywhere!! Jer sent me off to get some water for her; I think I would have died if I were there alone with her. Our second adventure is pictured above! Hallie almost got swallowed by the ocean as we were making our way down the beach to the look out. Poor girl. Luckily I was able to grab her before the second wave would have swallowed her whole. She is such a trooper; she cried for a minute because she was scared, then got right back in the ocean again! Love that little girl <3

1 comment:

DianneEG said...

I'm glad you caught your little girl right in time before the wave hit. I LOVE that shirt Jeremii's wearing...where did he get it??? Ha Ha!! Love, Mom