2.25.2012
{the power of inspiration= house intact }
Today was quite a marvelous day.. the sun actually made an appearance, and it was FIFTY degrees warmer than it was a few weeks ago. You didn't read that wrong, yes 50 degrees warmer! That was by far the coldest temperatures we've ever experienced! So today was the first day in a long time we actually wanted to be outside. With our new home that we moved into last month, we are blessed with the duty of yard work, and I actually really enjoy it. It brings me joy seeing the accomplishment of what you can achieve in a few hours time. We have many trees that have produced lots of dead leaves over the winter, and I decided to rake the entire front lawn and the front of the house. Hard to explain, but you get the idea. If I was an overachiever I would have thought to take a before and after picture, but surely dead leaves was the only thing on my mind. It took quite some time for this work to be done, and Hallie was a trooper all day until the end. She rode her bike, collected leaves or, "flowers", and even helped me rake. But after a few hours of bordem she decided she was done being outside, and told me so. I saw her walk in the house, and gave myself five minutes to hurry and rake the 10ft of leaves I had left. As I was raking, I was thinking about the gospel and feeling good that if I were given a piece of land, it would be enjoyable for me make it beautiful. Right then, I knew I needed to get inside, FAST. I dropped my rake, and ran inside. I called for Hallie, and as I heard her muffled cry in the family room, I could not believe what I saw. There, in the middle of our rug, was an entire box of matches on fire!! Lets rewind a week, to when I was lighting a candle and I let Hallie blow out the match. She thought I was incredible that I could make fire, and Jeremii had the brilliant idea of teaching her how to light a match. (You never know when you might need that skill when you are almost three years old.) So, here I am with my jaw dropped looking at a small inferno in our family room while hallie is a few feet away with her head underneath the couch crying. I grabbed the box-o-fire and threw it in our sink and ran back to hallie. Luckily, she (and the rug) were perfectly fine; no casualties today. I am so grateful for the power of inspiration, that led me into the house just in time. What a blessing it is to be in tune with the spirit! I'm so grateful hallie is OK, besides the possibility of having Arsonphobia for the rest of her life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am so glad everyone is okay. This brought tears to my eyes as it is the same story that I am familiar with for a little girl I use to babysit when I was younger. Only her story had a tragic ending. Give Hallie a hug for me!
p.s. For some reason I can't see any of the pics on your blog. They all have a blank square with an x on them??
Post a Comment