I just had the "talk" with hallie. I never thought we would have had this conversation at 4 and 1/2 but she wanted to know. No no.. not that talk. The talk of dying. She really wanted to know what was going to happen to us, and all about heaven. It went something like this:
"Mommy, what happens when we become pop pops and grandmas, where do the other ones go?"
"They go to heaven, and wait for us. They might even be our guardian angels. Did you know we all have guardian angels? They might even be our family."
"I am going to miss being a kid when I am a grown up. I am going to miss my stuffed animals and you."
"I never want you to grow up"
"Why don't you want me to be a mommy and have babies like you?"
"Because you won't want me all the time."
"Yes I will, I will miss you. Maybe we can have houses that are right across the street from eachother. Then we can have playdates all the time!"
"I think all angels have white dresses."
"I think so."
"Probably."
"When we die, are we angels?"
"We have spirit bodies, kind of like angels."
"Are they grown ups in kid bodies? Are their kids there that are grown ups?"
"I think we are all grown ups."
"Probably."
"Did you know that when mommy and daddy got married in the Temple, that we were sealed together, and that means you are sealed to us too? We will always be together."
"Like its made of wood?"
"Stronger than wood. You can't see it."
"What if someone took a knife and tried to cut it?"
"It can't be broken. You can't see it, and the Lord created it."
"Did you know that animals go to heaven too?"
"Like they become animal angels?"
"Kind of. They have perfect bodies too."
"When we are angels we can fly. I want to fly like Tinkerbell."
"Can I tell you a secret?"
"Sure!"
"Jesus loves us so much"
I wish I had a better memory to capture the whole conversation, but this is pieces of it. I am so in love with my little big girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment