1.12.2010

Military Wife

I can't believe how much time passes without realizing it. Well today is a very important day. Hallie really took her steps today and we got in on video to prove it! I wish I could find the camera to take some pictures recently!! Thats just frustrating.. or better yet the silver lining is I might just have to talk Jeremii into that camera I've been wanting for so long!!

Today also was very important because its offically happening.. Jeremii took the "oath" and we are joining the Air Force! We have been throwing around that idea for some time, but its offical now. So we are now playing the waiting game. They say to "hurry up and wait", which means that you hurry through all that paperwork, and tests just to wait. Now its a waiting game. Jeremii dual applied for enlisted and officer positions. Of course we are hoping that he'll get in as an officer, but we won't know until June! If for some reason that doesn't happen, he'll go in as enlisted and leave mid July. For officer, he'll leave for basic next January. Ah why so long?!? I can't wait for our life to begin!

Just a quick update on our baby girl.. She is 10 months and 6 days old. Can't really say baby anymore can I? She can wave bye bye, sign for milk, take 4 steps walking, say mama , dada, nana, baba and I can't remember what else. When she cries for milk it's "na na na".. lol! Someday she'll learn its ba ba. She sings everytime we turn on the vaccum, blender or anything else that makes noise! She sleeps through the night (wow thats amazing) and loves Kitty's! I took her to the pet store and she was intrigued with all the animals, but until we got to the kittty she started just talking up a storm! haha She is a cat lover for sure. Even over the dogs. Maybe becasuse they are just her size and so cuddly! She holds her own bottle, thank goodness, and loves everything we put on her plate. She is a VERY good eater, just like her mother :) I sure wish I had some pictures, because I know words aren't as fun but I will do that soon!

3 comments:

NellieV said...

Yea! You will love it. I am happy you guys found something that truly needs hard working people to help make our Country such a wonderful place for the rest of us. The military will offer your so much.Just remember hurry up and wait will apply to the rest of your life. But tht shouldn't be too different from what you are used to... Think of it as extended MST (Mormon Standard Time.)

Maybe you will get to live in England like I did! That place is AMAZING!!

D said...

Jer! That's awesome! Congratulations!!

Christiana said...

WOW, the Air Force! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys. Tell your hubby congrats! What an adventure. Hallie is cute as ever. You guys are the cutest little family! XOXO!