2.14.2011

Happy Couples Awareness Day!

  I will try to not get too mushy here, but I feel so blessed to have Jeremii in my life. He is my best friend through thick and thin, in sickness and more sickness; he is always by my side. I love that I am more in love with him today than I ever have been. If you would have told me that on my wedding day, I would have said you were crazy. I can't imagine what it will be 40 years from now sitting on our rockers, sipping hot chocolate while we watch the snow fall, reminiscing about our sweet life together, saying how my love 40 years ago was like a raindrop compared to an ocean it would be now. Or I would laugh and say, "Those were the good days", and end with "You're kinda boring now". I hope it's the first. :)
Well here's to my sweetheart- This is our song. It was playing when he asked me to marry him(surprisingly I remembered even though I was drugged out the night he proposed) and later it became our first dance at our wedding. I loved this song, even before it was ours. I was always a hopeless romantic, scaring many boys away with my silly quest for true love, even at a young age. I wanted to get married young; that was my plan. It just seemed that life would be so much better with your best friend by your side than enduring it on your own, even though I was younger than planned when we wed. But you know what? I was right.


I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road

But I got lost a time or two

Wiped my brow and kept pushing through

I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road

That led me straight to you

I love you Jeremii, Happy Valentines Day ♥






No comments: