3.10.2011

Whats another few weeks?

  Jeremii and I have been waiting, patiently waiting, for our real, everyday life to start. You know, when you kiss your husband goodbye in the morning and he comes home at night, every night, with dinner ready to be eaten. You have a place you call your home, where friends and family come to visit. A place you know you will be living in for more than 8 months at a time..(that's the longest we've ever lived anywhere in the past 4 years. Pathetic? Quite the opposite. I'd call it an adventure. But I am ready for our "adventures" to slow down a bit.) After we made the decision to join the Air Force ( I say "we" because it's not going to be easy for anyone when he deploys) it took almost a year for us to get in. At that point we just had to keep moving- live in limbo just a bit longer to get us to where we were going to be. Then there was almost 10 weeks of separation (no thanks to BMT), but at least I got to stay with the most wonderful in -laws in the world! Then, tech school. During tech school, we would find out where we are going to be stationed for the next 2-5+ years. We are finally at that point!!! I tell you, it has not been easy having your future secure, yet completely blank. Literally anything, or anywhere in the world, is possible. 

  Well, truth is, we've already been stationed. But it wasn't set in stone because we had to WAIT and see if Jeremii would be awarded Top Graduate of his class. There is something special about Top Grad, other than being at the top of your class. At the end of tech school, if you are awarded this Top position, you are also granted with the freedom of the base of your choice. *If available*

  I have to put a note in about ATC tech school. Before we joined the AF you are given a dream sheet and you can choose your top 5 jobs, and from that sheet the AF places you in the available position. Jeremii was granted the ATC position he wanted, due to his unbelievable tests scores. But, we were warned that this career had the highest drop-out rate and failure at tech school. Jeremii has done absolutely incredible these past 5 months in the vigorous crash course they are putting him through. Not only do you need the highest scores in your class to be Top Grad, you need an overall %95 or above. I don't think I need to go into detail about how this is such an honor, and how this was paid for with hours of study time, patience, many hours of lack of sleep, and time away from family.

   I am so proud of him for working so hard to secure us for our future. But yet, we are still waiting, waiting to be actually "awarded" this Top Graduate position, so we can tell them the base of our choice. But wait, we have to find out if it's available! Alright, if I've ever been tried for patience before, this far exceeds anything I've ever been put through. Just a few weeks now, please help me get through them.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I am with you on the need for patience here! When is this little baby boy going to come out of me so I can hold him? UGGHHH patience is hard to come by sometimes. CONGRATULATIONS TO JEREMII. What a hard worker, it's because he has such a supportive and loving wife :) Can't wait to hear where you'll be stationed so I can start looking at plane tickets to come visit!

Lisa said...

Oh my word, this is so exciting!! Congrats to Jeremii and I can't wait to find out where you are headed!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! For Jeremii, but for the whole family too. Hope you get settled soon. Miss you guys!