10.24.2011

{my answer}

  I can't tell you how wonderful I feel, and excited I am. I feel at peace. I am so grateful for Jeremii, and getting us here to Germany. It is a HUGE base, and although it would have been nice to go to a smaller base for our first base, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so grateful for the experiences we have had and are going to have! I was able to be seen off base by the German doctors, and they have been wonderful. They found the solution to the problem I've been faced with for the past 4 years. I have seen numerous doctors, specialists, and paid countless medical bills to find why I have such horrible headaches. I haven't been able to exercise by body like I used to, and these headaches have taken a toll on my body and my quality of life. I have felt like I am fifty, not in my early twenties. Within weeks of seeing German doctors, they have found why I am in so much pain. I have Chronic Sinusitis. It is a condition where the sinus cavities are filled with mucus, and the nasal passages become inflamed and swollen. I also have many polyps throughout my nasal cavities as well. Its funny because I felt like I breathe completely normal, but apparently I'm so blocked up I'm only using one side of my nose. The symptoms include: possible fever (I've had so many fevers) nausea  high fatigue, throbbing headaches, burning in the nose.. yep had them all. Whats really interesting is that a complication of Chronic Sinusitis is Meningitis! Almost exactly a year ago I got so sick- all the symptoms of meningitis, and my neurologist claimed it as so. The mucus that has been sitting in my body for so long, has bacteria growing within that causes these viruses that have been haunting me. I truly feel like this is an answer to my prayers- finally, an explanation for all these sicknesses that we've been faced with. I am so close to the end, I feel that light at the end of the tunnel. My surgery is November 3rd; right around the corner. I can't wait to tell you how I feel- getting out of bed and actually feeling rested without a headache!! I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who has been by my side through it all. He is my best friend, and soul mate. I love you without end, Jeremii. 

No comments: