Jeremii FINALLY got his first weekend off since we've moved to Germany, and we couldn't wait to go traveling! We decided to go to Holland, Brussels, then Luxembourg. We didn't want a long drive, so we decided to stick to a short trip that wasn't far, but beautiful. Our first stop was Maastrict, in The Netherlands. We drove in Friday night, spent the night in a wonderful hotel, and spent the next half of the day shopping. It was my favorite country we've visited so far. We might have just changed our retirement retreat. It was a little emotional going back to the country where Jeremii's roots and family are. I loved everything about Holland- from the people, to the sights, styles, and the language. Its true- Dutch seems to be a mix of German and English. I love that you pronounce words how they are spelled- or so it seemed from the Dutch cartoons and signs. For instance, late was "Laat." I think that's the way it was meant to be spelled.
This is the European "fast food"..
Wow, I got lucky with this man didn't I?
Hallie jumping in the puddles..
Here is the "most beautiful bookstore in the world"
Inside the church.. (snuck a picture- not sure if we could)
Fort St. Pieter
As we were leaving the Netherlands, we heard a huge thump and thought our windshield cracked! Ha, it might not look big in the picture, but we couldn't stop laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment