First.. I am 32 weeks pregnant with our baby boy! It has really flown by, and he will be here sooner than we know it. Hallie was born at 37 weeks- lets hope that's not the case for this little guy. 37 weeks is Christmas Eve.. what a terrible birthday! I will hope to hold out until 38 weeks- new years eve would be a much better birthday! Fireworks on his birthday every year? I think that would be fabulous. Our top 2 names at the moment for him are: Carden or Austin. Here is my belly shot 2 weeks ago..
Besides pregnancy.. lets see where we left off last time.. Oh boy its been too long. I haven't blogged about any of our adventures this year! I guess my excuse is prego lazyness.. if that is an excuse. We have been to Venice, Scotland, Netherlands (again), southern France, and next week we are headed back to Spain- only southern Spain on the beach. I am so excited about this trip- it will be a week full of nothing in a resort on the beach, and warm enough for short sleeve shirts! We will visit the strait of Gibraltar, and possibly take a ferry across if Jeremii gets the OK to go to Africa. There is nothing like living in the middle of Europe, and the ability to travel. I feel so blessed to be here!!
Before I "travel blog", I don't want to forget how stinking cute Hallie has been. She has been in the best mood since we took her out of German Kindergarten 2 weeks ago. I really tried to push her to go to Kindergarten, but I gave up on the fighting every morning and evening. I enjoy not having a schedule again, and sleeping in- which we both love to do! Hallie's natural sleep schedule is definitely Dutch. She is her happiest as a night owl and sleeping in! (talk about a dream child!) Trust me, we have tried numerous times to change that, but who wants a cranky child all day? Might as well let her sleep in. She also has been saying the cutest things:
1. On our way out the door to church Hallie said, "Daddy, I love your spirit."
2. "Mommy, am I going to get older and older like you?" I reply yes, then she says, "I don't want to grow up. I want to always stay like this."
3. Jer was putting his boots on for work and Hals asked " Daddy, are you going to work again?" He replied yes. She then ran to our too drawer in our entryway that keeps our loose change and ran it up to him and said, " Daddy, you don't need to go to work, we have money right here! We have enough money for ice cream!" So now every time she asks if he is at work, she always says, "He is at work to make money for ice cream." :) Love this little girl.
She has been doing so well lately also with her development. She is reading easy stories, can write every letter in the alphabet, can write most of her numbers, (6 and 9 are tricky) knows the difference between capitals and lower case, days of the weeks, and knows her seasons. She can do simple math problems (any numbers added together under 10) she can count until 60 but by then I'm done counting and don't go on. I would love to say I'm an awesome mother, but she loves to learn new things and likes a challenge. She enjoys working out of our Kindergarten workbook- I can't imagine what she'll know by the time she actually goes to kindergarten. She loves learning about the human body, and can explain whats inside. She also loves playing "doctor"! Looks like we might be paying for med school in the future..
Here is a video of Hallie playing the clock game on the TV. It's an app for kids to help them learn to tell time, and she loves it. She made up her own happy dance when she gets it right:
Well, its getting late and I have a movie to watch with my hubby who is patiently waiting. Looks like travel blogging will just have to wait for another day!

2 comments:
New Years Eve is the PERFECT time to have a baby (that's my birthday!) He will love fireworks and always having something to do and somewhere to go on his birthday, and everyone is celebrating! The only sucky part is that everyone counts down the seconds until your birthday is over. Hope he can hold out until 38 weeks! I sent you a little somethin for baby boy in the mail. Hopefully it reaches you soon!
Merry Christmas Love! I am so happy you and baby are doing well!
Glad the whole family is doing well! I hope that..I am counting on Baby Carden, holds out for a week longer to be a New Years baby! The whole world will be celebrating his arrival :)
LOVE YOU! Take care :)
xoxox!
Post a Comment