10.17.2010

The Beast

Week 6 in BMT is called the "Beast" and I'm sure for a reason. Its where the airman go to a remote location and get evaluated on all that they have learned in the past weeks, anything from the disassembling of bombs to first aid. At BMT it is all made up of points, and so far Jeremii's flight in on schedule to make Honor flight- which is a coveted award at basic training. I believe there is a total of 215 possible points, and when I last talked to him, they had 70/80 points possible, so maybe having the worse TI wasn't the worse thing, right? I wish I was able to talk to him this week- no phone call all weekend :( I look forward to every Saturday, but it is such a waiting game- watching the clock, because he has always called on the half hour, at different times. Last week he called on Sunday because his TI forgot, but maybe I'll get a surprise call this week, right? Right. Have to keep happy thoughts!!

This week I have battled my own beast. I can't believe I had a relapse - or at least that's what I'm going to call it- of my viral meningitis. I was in the hospital on Tuesday, and I am so grateful Jeremii's parents were so wonderful to be right there when I needed them most. The pain was so excruciating, it took two rounds of dilaudid to make the pain subside, but I could still feel it. I wish Jeremii was here with me- he still doesn't know about what has happened this past week. I wasn't able to write him because I was so out of it, but I can hope for a phone call sooner or later. I just hope my MRI tomorrow will show something, anything, fixable so this wont happen again!

Hallie has been a trooper, and I cannot wait to go home! I was going do a post last week, but my little bro just got off his mission!! I am so proud of my little brother for serving a full time mission and I can't wait to see him and be with my family this weekend!  And you konw what that means- I only have a week and a half until I get to be with the most amazing man in the world!! I can do this! :)

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness I hope you're feeling better! I wish I could be there to take Hallie for a day or two, although I'm sure she's loving her time with grandma and grandpa!
You're my inspiration. I can't believe you and Jeremii have been apart so long with such limited conversation and you're able to hold it all together. It's almost over! What a sweet reunion it will be.