10.01.2010

HaPpY DaY!!


Today, is already one of the most amazing day's of my life!

First, its October, my FAVORITE month of the whole year! I LOVE this month and everything that's in it- Football, homemade chili, the leaves changing, the cooler weather, cute sweatshirts, pumpkins, and Halloween! I love it all, and its finally here! I just wish I could share it with my best friend! But we do get to spend Halloween weekend together, and I am so grateful for that. I seriously only have 27 days left, and only 21 days left until I see my little bro again! He has been serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and he has never met our sweet Hallie! Can you believe it? I can't!

Second, I finally feel free!! If you don't already know, I have been battling "headaches" for over 4 years now. They started when I contracted a viral meningitis, and I have learned they damage the nerve endings to where you can have "headaches" or head pain forever more.  They have come and gone, but they have been back in full swing lately. Over the summer it would make my left side of my body go numb, and it kinda freaked me out. I was able to see the most amazing neurologist who finally agreed that I didn't just have your everyday migraine!  I've tried Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Ex migraine, migraine Rx- nothing has helped. Yesterday he prescribed me steroids to reduce the inflammation in my brain and I feel like a new person! I can't begin to tell you how amazing I feel. The pressure is finally being released! Although not fully gone, the pain I can TOTALLy handle, especially after the pain I've been through! I am so happy and SO grateful.  I'm am scheduled for an MRI next week, and did lots of blood work. I just dont know if thats needed anymore I feel so good!

Lastly, Hallie Brooke got to see her Doctor too! Unfortunately she had to get another series of shots, but I know they are only going to help. She got another 4 today- Flu, Chicken pox, hep A and hep B. I think this is the last time at a routine visit she gets shots! WHoo Hoo! You know, as a mother you really do feel your child's pain as your own, and I couldn't help but get clammy and hold my breath while I held her as she was poked 4 times. She is one tough cookie and handled it like a champ :) I couldn't ask for a more perfect sweet spirit. Here are her stats:

Weight: 5-10%
Height-50-75%
Head-50%

Why there is such a Huge gap in those numbers, I have no idea. But she is definitely in the skinny/tall  and healthy category! Go B!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Natalie, I had no idea about your health issues!!! I wish I had known and could have helped you more! I am glad you are finally feeling better. I say get the MRI just in case there is something else they can give you to help even more. It's no fun being in pain.

Chelsey said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!